A new modular laptop computer known as Infinity has been launched over on the Indiegogo crowd funding site aiming to raise 50,000 US Dollars in order to take the concept into production.
Infinity has been specifically designed for children and to provide a powerful sustainable and robust laptop computer that will allow children to upgrade or repair parts without throwing the whole device away.
Watch the video below to learn more about this innovative new idea which is the brainchild of Rangan Srikhanta based in Australia.
Designed to last for an entire childhood – or even longer – the Infinity has been specifically developed for children by not-for-profit One Education. Every Infinity ordered contributes to the distribution of technology to the children, schools and communities who need it most. It’s robust, eco-friendly, modular and most importantly it’s safe. Safe for kids, safe for wallets and safer for the environment.
– A computer your child can build themselves, giving them true responsibility for their own computer
– Save money with the power to upgrade or repair parts without throwing away the whole device
– Each modular part is able to be opened, repaired and explored
– Donate pre-loved parts to reduce e-waste and bridge the digital divide
– Give children a head start by introducing them to essential technology at an early age